While planning to travel abroad for a job, education, business purpose, tourism, or some pilgrimage, a Passport is a must travel document to have. Now you must be juggling How to Apply for Passport. Today, in contrast to our popular believe, getting a passport application is a much easier task then it was ever before. For Passport Online Application Indian Government has launched several schemes and apps to ensure the transparent and timely preparation of the Passport Application Online. The process is long, no doubt about that, and you’ll still have to visit the passport India office more than once, whereas it wouldn’t be a headache to Apply For Passport as long as you follow these simple steps-
Apply for Passport Application Online
- For Passport Application, first, go to the official website of Passport Seva Kendra and log in.
- If you are a new user, you need to create a new account.
- Click on the “New User, Register Now” Button. This will generate your new user id and password to apply for Online Passport Application.
- Once you have logged in, click on “Apply for Passport” (Fresh Passport India)
- Now here you will get two options to fill the form. First one is, you can download the form, fill it up and then upload it back on to the portal. Another one is to fill up the form online.
- If you want to apply for Passport Application offline, download the form from the link “download the form in soft copy.”
- Fill the Passport application form
- Then click on the link ‘Upload re-form and upload your filled up Passport application.
- If you want to fill the form online, click on the link “Click here to fill the Passport Online Application.”
- There select the option for “Fresh Passport”. And then click on the next page.
- Here enter your required personal information. Once you are done filling it up, click on the “Submit Application” at the bottom right of the screen.
- Now it’s time to pay the fee for Passport Online Application and book an appointment for the same.
- For this, go to the ‘Applicant Home’ page and click on the option “View Saved/Submitted Passport Applications”.
- Here you can see your submitted application for Online Passport Application. Click the radio button next to it and click on “Pay and Schedule Appointment”.
- Select the mode of payment and click next. A page with the list of Passport Seva Kendra in your nearby city will appear.
- Select a Passport Seva Kendra according to the availability.
- Click on “Pay and Book Appointment”
- After Successful payment, you will see a page about Online Passport Application Confirmation. Click Print Application Receipt and take the printout which is requisite to enter the PSK (Passport Seva Kendra).
Now you need to visit Passport Seva Kendra at the time mentioned in the receipt. After which follows a Police Verification of the applicant. Once the Verification is completed, you will get your passport. Now here are some essential things you need to know to Apply For Passport Application Online. Only in the case of emergency or some medical cases which are pre-approved, the applicant can visit the Passport Seva Kendra without an appointment. In the case of minor applicants which are below four years of age, bring the recent photograph dimensioned as 4.5 X 3.5 cm and with a white background.