A passport is valid for a period of 10 years in India. After which you have to Apply for Passport Renewal India. As the passport doesn’t merely give you a travelling allowance, but it’s also a widely accepted document of your identity, address and age proof. This makes it extremely important to have and proves its worth in many situations in life. The Passport Renewal Process is a bit long but takes apparent time. You will again have to visit the passport office, but for the straight and easiest way for Passport Renewal Online, you will have to follow these simple steps-
Apply for Passport Renewal India
- Go to the official website of Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) and log in.
- If you are a new user, you need to create a new account.
- At your left, click on the “New User? Register Now” Button. There you can generate your new user id and password to apply for Online Passport Renewal India.
- Login with the credentials provided.
- Once you have logged into your Passport Account, click on “Apply for Re-issue of Passport” (Passport Renewal India). Now here you will get two options to fill the form.
- First one is an Offline Passport Renewal India by downloading the e-form from the link “download the form in soft copy”.
- Fill in all the asked details in the PDF.
- Update your information in case you want to change them. And then upload it back on to the portal.
- Another way is of Passport Renewal Online.
- Click on the link “Click here to fill the Passport application online.”
- There select the option for “Passport Renewal Online” or Re-issue of Passport. And then click on the next page.
- Here you will be asked to enter your personal information. Once you are done filling it up, click on the “Submit Application” at the bottom right of the screen.
- NO FEE IS REQUIRED for Passport Renewal India. However, booking an appointment is compulsory.
- Next, Click on schedule an Appointment.
- A page with the list of Passport Seva Kendra in your nearby city will appear for Passport Renewal Online. Select the one according to the availability and you ease of access.
- Once you confirm your preferred slot, your appointment will be scheduled.
- Click Print Passport Renewal Online Receipt and take the printout for a reference to visiting your booked PSK slot.
Now you need to visit PSK at the time mentioned in the printout. There you will be allotted a group number, by which you will be called to enter the room. Passport Renewal Online is a straightforward application and requires some patience whereas is not a lengthy process. Now here are some essential things you need to know to apply for passport renewal India. Only in the case of some medical cases which are pre-approved or some emergency, the applicant may visit the Passport Seva Kendra without any prior appointment. For minor applicants who are below the age of four, recent passport size photograph sized as 4.5 X 3.5 cm and with a white background is required for Passport Renewal Online.